Outdoor Dining vs.Outdoor Lounging
IIf your garden is big enough for only one piece of garden furniture it can be tough deciding between the classic dining set or somewhere to sprawl out and relax. Here, we’ve outlined the positives of both and highlighted why you may not have to choose from one or the other at all.
The classic British pastime – al fresco dining. In Britain, making the most of the short summer is important which is why many people enjoy dining outside for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hot weather. So, outdoor dining space is crucial for those that love a barbecue and hosting al fresco dinner parties.
There are so many positives to choosing an outdoor dining set, including:
- They come in all shapes and sizes, from 2 seat bistro sets to massive 8 seat dining sets, from round, to oval, to rectangular, to compact cube sets – you will always find a dining set to fit your garden and to seat your desired number of people.
- There are plenty of styles of chair available, so you can find the desired look and size that you need.
- Dining sets can be moved around relatively easily. Depending on the size of your table you may need 2 to lift it but dining sets can be move around, allowing you to find the best location for your furniture.
- They are great for socialising. Round dining tables, in particular, allow you to see everyone and chat to everyone without being to far away from some of your guests.
There’s nothing better than putting your feet up in the sunshine, sprawling out and feeling fully relaxed. Lounging outdoors is comfortable and convenient for small groups or by yourself.
Here we’ve outlined the best bits about choosing an outdoor lounge set:
- Many lounge sets come with a coffee table, meaning you can always have drinks and snacks within arm’s reach.
- They are comfortable and are ideal for spending long periods of time outdoors as you can relax and sink into them.
- They can be laid out how you desire, and how best suits your garden.
However, what if you don’t want to choose between outdoor dining and outdoor lounging and you want to the best of both worlds? The casual dining set is a concept that has been on the market for a few years and is really proving popular for those that can’t decide.
Combining a corner sofa or a sofa set with a casual dining table allows you to invite plenty of guests to dine al fresco but also allows you to sprawl out and relax on other occasions. A casual dining table is slightly smaller than a normal rectangular dining table but still offers plenty of room for food and drink, without looking too overwhelming in the garden.
If you can’t decide between the two, or you have need for both but don’t want to separate furniture areas, a casual dining set will solve all of your needs.
If you want to look at dining sets, lounge sets and casual dining sets, we recommend a visit to our showroom, so that you can test the furniture for yourself.